Senior Python Engineer
Unmade is the leading customisation platform for the fashion industry, directly connecting consumer choices to automated manufacturing.
We are looking for a senior python engineer to work with the development team to build upon existing systems and help shape the architecture of the platform.
The Unmade technology stack covers everything from 3D modelling engines to order processing and systems integrations to custom language compilers for industrial knitting machines. We’re using innovative approaches to transform an industry suffering with a chronic lack of vertical integration and automation. In addition to our technology aspirations, we’re all creative at heart. As a team, we’ve won 3 D&AD pencils across Digital Design, Branding and Art Direction as well as a host of other awards recognising our achievements over the past 3 years.
We are looking for Python Engineers to join our innovative technology team.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Make an impact and become a core contributor to various components within our Python technology stack consisting of Django and REST APIs in a Docker environment.
- Care about and help improve the micro services architecture to increase robustness as we scale.
- Enjoy collaborating closely with your teammates to help problem solve/define, deliver and code review features.
- Contribute to our internal roadmaps to help identify technical + product debt as well as upcoming bottlenecks that prevent us from scaling our products and services.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback to help improve/maintain code standards, team collaboration and personal growth
- Collaborate with our DevOps engineers and care about how your code behaves in a production environment. Our infrastructure is CircleCI, Docker and AWS & ECS. With plenty of room to learn!
- As an engineer you will contribute significantly to every part of development, from pro-actively improving documentation to the design and build of APIs.
- Experience in writing Django or Flask Python applications. Caring that the code is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- An understanding of API design and how different components within a distributed architecture fit together. Being able to communicate clearly and share ideas with everyone on the team.
- Experience of working in agile development environments, specifically a kanban and agile with a little a, lean/light touch process.
- Contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment for everyone.
- Employee share options (this means you own a piece of the business and get rewarded as the company grows).
- Being in a culture that values learning, sharing and growing together
- Working at Somerset House, one of London’s main cultural centres with great cafes, lunch spots, exhibitions, a summer cinema and series of concerts.
- Friday team lunches and quarterly team trips
Unmade cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £60k - £80k base + equity;